In 2008, the new Sports Complex opened near the Hebron Road entrance and the Social Center. Surrounded by beautiful mountain views, the fitness center, pool pavilion and tennis courts provide a serene setting for achieving and maintaining good health and wellness. Just relaxing by the pool is also an option.
Sports Facilities Director Tim Dixon is a qualified personal trainer, Pilates instructor and qualified tennis instructor. Tim graduated cum laude from Western Carolina University with a BS in Sports Management. He offers tennis lessons and personal training by appointment. In addition to the on-site facilities, Tim is also a resource person for off-site activities like hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking and rafting. Tim can be reached at the Sports Center – 828.891.3458.
- Exercise classroom with cushioned floor for Pilates, aerobics, NIA, etc.
- Training room with Cybex weight training, Precor cardio-training equipment and free weight area
- Men’s and women’s locker rooms with showers
- Massage therapy room
- Pavilion with tables and chairs for shady retreat
- Heated 48,000 gallon pool
- In-ground 2,000 gallon hot tub
- Outdoor restrooms and showers
Tennis and Pickleball Courts:
- Two state-of-the-art HydroCourts which are easy on the joints and maintain an even playing surface throughout the day
- One DecoTurf court for year-round play
- Two Pickleball Courts
- Tennis lessons and clinics
- Men’s and women’s tennis leagues
- Men’s and women’s Pickleball leagues and clinics