Surrounded by beautiful mountain views, the fitness center, pool pavilion and tennis courts provide a serene setting for achieving and maintaining good health and wellness. Just relaxing by the pool is also an option.
Tennis and Pickleball Courts:
- Two state-of-the-art HydroCourts which are easy on the joints and maintain an even playing surface throughout the day
- One DecoTurf court for year-round play
- Two Pickleball Courts
- Tennis lessons and clinics
- Men’s and women’s tennis leagues
- Men’s and women’s Pickleball leagues and clinics
- Pavilion with tables and chairs for shady retreat
- Heated 48,000 gallon pool
- In-ground 2,000 gallon hot tub
- Outdoor restrooms and showers
- Exercise classroom with cushioned floor for Pilates, aerobics, NIA, etc.
- Training room with Cybex weight training, Precor cardio-training equipment and free weight area
- Men’s and women’s locker rooms with showers
- Massage therapy room
Tim Dixon, Sports Facility Director
Tim brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to his post at Cummings Cove. After spending many happy summers in the mountains with his grandparents, the Raleigh, North Carolina, native made his way to Western Carolina University. His broad interest in sports led to a B.S. in Sports Management, graduating cum laude from WCU in 1987.
Tim brings his experience with 28 years working in country club communities along with swimming pool facility management; fitness programming; tennis programming; tennis court maintenance; class instruction and personal fitness training.
Before joining Cummings Cove in the summer of 2008, Tim worked at Wildcat Cliffs Country Club in Highlands for 15 years managing their fitness, tennis and swimming pool facilities. At Wildcat Cliffs, Tim met his wife Natalia who works in sales for BorgWarner in Asheville. They currently reside in Brevard.
Tim says: “I believe that with the swimming pool, fitness center, pickleball, tennis and bocce ball facilities, the Sports Center has something to offer all the residents of Cummings Cove. I hope I can do my part to help each member benefit from and enjoy these facilities.”