Cummings Cove is located near the center of a triangle formed by three cities occupying a high plateau in Western North Carolina: Hendersonville, Asheville and Brevard. Although we are closest to Hendersonville – just 8 miles from downtown – Brevard is just a 20 minute drive and Asheville less than 30 minutes. Each of the three cities has a distinctive personality and charm that lends great variety to the range of things to see and do outside the gates of Cummings Cove.
Click here for a list of area hotels and inns.
Cummings Cove Information:
- Homeowners Association Dues: $83.34 per month (weekly trash pick-up is included in association dues)
- Golf & Country Club Membership: Minimum Social Membership Required.
- UTILITIES (all underground): ATT/Bell South (telephone) | Duke Power (electricity) | PSNC (natural gas) | Mediacom (cable TV and high speed internet access) | Hendersonville City (water) | Cummings Cove (private central sewer system – $38.00/month flat fee)
- Henderson County Property Taxes: $6.76 per $1000 of assessed value
- Sales Tax: 7% (4.5% state of North Carolina and 2.5% Henderson County)
- Henderson County Demographics: Incorporated in 1838; 375 square miles in area; estimated population: 100,000
- Hendersonville Demographics: Chartered in 1847; in the Register of National Historic Places; estimated population: 12,000
- Asheville Regional Airport: (15 minutes from Cummings Cove) Major carriers: Continental, Delta Northwest Airlines and USAirways; airport limousine service available
- Pardee Hospital: Full service not-for-profit hospital with 222 beds
- Pardee Urgent Care: Walk-in treatment facility opposite Blue Ridge Mall
- Pardee Rehab & Sports Therapy Center: Therapeutic and physical fitness programs
- Park Ridge Hospital: Full service not-for-profit hospital with 115 beds
- Mission Memorial Hospital in Asheville
Business & Shopping:
- Historic Downtown Hendersonville: Over 150 businesses and 7 major banks
- Blue Ridge Shopping Mall: Belk, Home Depot and Lowe’s, etc.
- Highlands Square: Super WAL-MART, Staples, etc.
- Historic Curb Market: Summer Tailgate Markets and Regional Farmers’ Market
- North Carolina Golf Courses – 11 area courses
- YMCA and several health & fitness clubs
- Parks: Abundant green spaces from city parks to state and federal parks and wilderness areas. Enjoy walking, hiking, biking, horseback-riding, bird watching, fishing, boating or picnicking by a waterfall.
- North Carolina Arboretum: State arboretum with 426 acres in the Pisgah National Forest. Educational programs including lectures, workshops and exhibitions throughout the year.
- Blue Ridge Parkway: Scenic 465 mile drive from Virginia through North Carolina (adjoins the State Arboretum) to Tennessee and the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.
- Carl Sandburg Home National Park: 262 acres including the poet’s home
- Chimney Rock Park: Provides breathtaking views of the surrounding communities
- University of North Carolina at Asheville
- University of North Carolina – Center for Creative Retirement
- Brevard College
- Blue Ridge Community College (Hendersonville and Brevard)
- Blue Ridge Institute for Lifelong Learning
- Institute for Applied Philosophy
- Henderson County Public Library: Over 200,000 volume circulation plus extension service; special programs for adults and children include: lectures, film & music programs, book reviews and discussion
Arts & Entertainment:
- The Arts Center of Henderson County: Exhibitions, lectures and educational programs
- Art League of Henderson County: Sponsors annual artfest on Main Street
- Henderson County Arts Council: Funds programs and awards grants to individual artists
- Kellogg Center (UNC) Arts and Crafts Design Center
- Opportunity House: Arts and Crafts and Cultural Center for adults
- Brevard Music Center: Internationally renowned summer program for 370 of the world’s most promising young musicians
- Brevard Chamber Orchestra
- Hendersonville Community Band and Hendersonville Symphony Orchestra
- Hendersonville Friends of Chamber Music
- Hendersonville Chorale and Carolina Chamber Singers
- Flat Rock Playhouse: State Theater of North Carolina
- Hendersonville Little Theater and Brevard Little Theater
- Porter Center for The Performing Arts
- Hendersonville Film Society